Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Funny Story

We bought our tickets for Ecuador! We are going at the end of April and we are going to be able to spend a month with Javier's family! We are so excited and I am a little nervous too, which Javier assures me is completely irrational.

So here is my funny story. The other day, i went to get Max's passport and I had to measure him to tell them approximately how tall he is. He was 27 inches tall.

Later that night I was telling Javier about it,

Me: "...And when i measured Max he was 27 inches, can you believe it?"

Javier: "Yeah 27 inches, see I do listen when you talk!"

I thought that was impressive, and a little funny that he felt like he needed to convince me, so just to tease him, i asked him, "WHat was 27 inches?"

Javier: ...uh...(a little guilty chuckle at being caught not listening, when he was trying to prove he was)

Me: that is how tall Max was, can you believe it?

Javier: Oh wow....Wait how tall was he?

So there you go. I just thought that was hilarious. Although some friends told us yesterday that that is just a universal man thing, not to listen, so I guess i can't be too hard on him.

The moral of the story: Don't call attention to your listening skills when you are not listening, unless you are fully prepared to be laughed at.

4 comments:

Cherie said...

That is so funny! Sounds a lot like Seth

Natalie said...

That is super funny! Quinn is actually a pretty good listener 90 percent of the time but occasionally something similar happens to us, (usually when he is reading or watching TV.) Congrats on finally getting those Ecuador tickets. I bet Max's Grandma and Grandpa are so excited to see you guys!

HeatherandTanner said...

You want to know what is sad and horrible? I'm like Javier in this situation. Tanner will talk and talk about work and I phase it out. I need to work on it. But, Tanner is a great listener!

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

That's really funny! Sounds a lot like Justin and I sometimes!