
I have just learned that the orphange I worked in is in serious trouble and if any of you can help in some way, please do.
Last Winter I spent a month and a half in Ecuador volunteering in an orphanage. We had 30 babies from newborn to about 18 months. There were only two hired workers there who had to spend almost all of their time doing things like cooking for the children and washing, etc. As volunteers we took care of the babies, doing everything from bathing them, to feeding them, changing their diapers, playing with them and singing songs and giving them the love that no parents were there to give.
I just received an email saying that because of the economic downturn, they have had only half the volunteer applications and that if things do not turn around immediately they will need to STOP SENDING VOLUNTEERS to an orphanage and it would probably be the one I worked in.
Before OSSO (the organization I worked with) started sending volunteers, many babies died from lack of supervision and from lack of attention and love. I cannot bear the thought of those sweet babies being abandoned.
Please, if you know someone who would be interested in volunteering, let them know about the great good that they could do for precious children in a very needy country. Please let anyone know who might be interested.
They also really need monetary donations! In the email it said that because of rising prices and diminishing donations they were discussing whether to cut out milk, medicine, or childcare workers. Can you imagine!!!
If you would like to help, or know someone who could volunteer you can find all the information at orphanagesupport.org.
Last Winter I spent a month and a half in Ecuador volunteering in an orphanage. We had 30 babies from newborn to about 18 months. There were only two hired workers there who had to spend almost all of their time doing things like cooking for the children and washing, etc. As volunteers we took care of the babies, doing everything from bathing them, to feeding them, changing their diapers, playing with them and singing songs and giving them the love that no parents were there to give.
I just received an email saying that because of the economic downturn, they have had only half the volunteer applications and that if things do not turn around immediately they will need to STOP SENDING VOLUNTEERS to an orphanage and it would probably be the one I worked in.
Before OSSO (the organization I worked with) started sending volunteers, many babies died from lack of supervision and from lack of attention and love. I cannot bear the thought of those sweet babies being abandoned.
Please, if you know someone who would be interested in volunteering, let them know about the great good that they could do for precious children in a very needy country. Please let anyone know who might be interested.
They also really need monetary donations! In the email it said that because of rising prices and diminishing donations they were discussing whether to cut out milk, medicine, or childcare workers. Can you imagine!!!
If you would like to help, or know someone who could volunteer you can find all the information at orphanagesupport.org.
Maybe you could also help by getting the word out. Just let others know about the need.
Thanks guys. After reading this email tonight I took one look at my sweet happy little well-fed, constantly adored baby and broke down and cried thinking about how unequal life is.
Thanks Guys!!!



1 comment:
Thanks for letting us know. I'll pass the word along to some MPA friends interested in working abroad. It is so sad to think of the injustice going on in the world.
Post a Comment