Miraculously, we had already planned a trip to Boise leaving just 2 days after Javier left for Ecuador. That was truly a miracle, because honestly at this stage of pregnancy I really wasn't able to take care of myself or the boys and I was completely overwhelmed with grief for Ivan. I called my dear dear sweet friend Shanon afetr I dropped off Javier to ask her if she could drive us to the airport in a couple days and broke down crying on the phone and she just came right over and took care of me and let me cry my eyes out on her shoulder and had her husband come give me a blessing and helped me with my boys. I don't know what I would have done without her that night! How lucky I am to have such a friend! Then the next day the bishops family surprised me by coming over to take the boys to play and to clean my house which was not any normal state of dirty since I had really been incapable of cleaning for awhile. I don't know what I would have done without these dear friends! It relieved my mind so much to know that when we came back home and Javier would be so sad that he wouldn't find our house all kinds of decaying. How very grateful I am that even though we are here in Texas away from family, we have our ward family and they cared for me so kindly when I could not care for myself! Oh how I love them! SO many dear friends, so much help. I don;t know how people knew but people called me that day, my dear friend Ralphie brought me some zofran and lemonade to get me through the trip to Boise, Sister Wolter brought us cookies, and it just helped so much to hear the voice of friends and to know they loved us!
Then the next day sweet Shanon took us to the airport and oh how I love this woman! Instead of just making the 40 minute drive out there and dropping us off which would have been so much already, she came in with me and got a pass to go through security with me and she sat with me and helped me with the boys until we got on the plane! I am crying just thinking about it! How did I get so lucky to have a friend like that!
The Lord blessed me so much! that day that I flew I felt like a perfectly normal human being, so much so that I broke down in tears that night because I was sure I had miscarried since I felt so good. My little boys were angels on the plane and in the airport during our layover which is saying so much seeing as they are 4 and 2 and tantrums usually occur so often. They did just what I asked them. Nobody ran away, nobody fought. It was a miracle. My sweet, dear parents were there waiting for us when we got off the plane and they just brought us home and took care of us and loved us and didn't mind that I just sat on the couch and between sweet Mom and Dad and all my wonderful brothers and sisters somebody fed my kids every meal and brought wonderful cousins to play and overall I was so much better in Boise that I can only say the Lord is merciful! I think he gave me a super surge of the hormones early so that during this time when I needed to be able to function I could. We had a great time!!! I loved seeing all the little boy cousins huddle around the ipad to play angry birds. Priceless!
And Sammy loves his aunts!! He still talks about them all the time!!And those are all the pictures I have. But it was awesome and somehow in the whirlwind that was that trip Javier and I up and decided it was time to move home. SO we came home, Javier gave his notice at work and we miraculously sold our house in 3 days. There again the Lord blessed me so much! I felt bad until about 3 days before we put our house on the market and for 3 days I felt great and I was able to do all the million things necessary to get our house ready and then as soon as it was on the market I felt awful again, until the day that someone wanted to look at the house. I just felt like I felt fine on days when I had to do things and on days when it was okay to feel bad, I felt pretty sick, but it was really a miracle to be able to do all of that during the first trimester of pregnancy which for me is usually just nothing but sleeping and puking. SO I am so grateful!!!! Tender mercies!! And I have to add too that my little boys have been angels!!! They are such wonderful boys! SOmetimes I think they are wild and crazy because basically they are, but they have been so helpful and kind to me! When opening the fridge made me gag, Max for like 8 weeks got me everything I needed from the fridge, dear boy. And they have just played so well together most of the time, I am so glad that they are such good boys and such good friends! I am a lucky mama!!!



3 comments:
Ward families are amazing! I am so thankful that you have had an awesome one :)
I'm so glad you've made such good friends. ward families are definitely awesome! And those tender mercies really show you the Lord is watching out for you! I'm so glad you've been able to do everything you needed to. I don't know how you've done everything you've needed to the past few months. Oh wait, ya I do. The Lord is on your side! With lots of people helping Him! We love you!
Boise is awesome mostly because of all the memories I have of your fam & Nat & Jay. Really, is that one of the twins? So grown up.
Post a Comment