Javier went camping with the teachers quorum last weekend and it was actually freezing. He said he was plenty warm though and I figure that is probably because I couldn't sleep without him at all so I was praying for him to be warm all night long!
We have been making some Christmas cards.and lots and lots of cookies! It is going to be our very first year having Christmas at our own home, so I am just hoping we can do all that it takes to make it the same lovely holiday that it is when my Mom and Grandma are in charge of the details :) To me that is basically lots of cookies. That's all I can remember right now anyway...but you all know what my memory is like.
The best part of this whole season for me is having the chance to talk to my kids every day about mine and their Savior and how much we love him. I can't finish a single one of these sweet teaching moments without crying my eyes out and I think Max understands that's because I really mean it. Of all the things I want for my children, the most important one for me is that they will come to know him the way that I have and love him, so it brought me so much joy the other night when Max came stumbling sleepy eyed into our room at 10:30 as we were getting ready for bed and said, "Mommy, we forgot to read the scriptures and I really wanted to!" as he snuggled into Daddy's cozy arms. He really understands a lot you know. When we read the scriptures he always has great little comments and yesterday when I was talking to him about not hitting Sammy, he said, "I should do the things that Heavenly Father wants me to do." when I asked him what he should do next time and I have never really used that angle with him before, so he actually came up with that on his own.



1 comment:
I better start baking cookies, too! :) And your memory isn't bad when it comes to that... cookies are the main thing that I remember too!
Post a Comment