SO after that long sort of traumatic labor, out came my sweet adorable baby girl! Oh she is so beautiful! Our fist reaction was holy cow she's huge! She was the same length as Max and Sammy were but a whole pound heavier so unlike our other skin and bones babies, she already had some cute little chubby cheeks and a little meat on her. Oh precious darling! We loved her immediately and she just knew just what to do and ate like a pro and then we all went to sleep.
Max and Sammy were hilarious when they came to meet her the next morning. Even though Mom and Javier and me over the phone had talked to sammy all night about his new sister that was born and he even saw her picture on Facebook before he came to the hospital, the first thing he said when he walked around the bed and saw her was, "What is it?!? ....Is Phoebe out of your tummy?!?!" I died laughing. Perfect proof that 2 year old do NOT understand all they appear to. From the first instant the boys were totally enraptured with their little sister. Max is a natural with babies and just loves to hold her. He is also so protective of her, always washing his hands before he holds her and watching out for hidden dangers that could hurt her. I am so proud of him!And sweet Sammy just wants to hold her all day and kiss her and pet her and feel her muscles which is sort of hilarious! Also, he has been so helpful! Always willing to get things for me and throw things away for me. I;m so grateful that the boys love her so much already!
Little Beauty!
They gave us a little celebration meal where there was apple cider an dthe boys were so excited. Max shouted out, "Let's party!!" And they kept toasting with their glasses.
Javier has been super Dad! He loves his little daughter! He stayed home with me for a whole week because my mom got the stomach flu and couldn't come over. I was so grateful to him. It was a huge sacrifice for him since he is taking his last CPA test in just a few days and has been cramming to finish it. he's been staying up late and waking up with the boys multiple times in the night and waking up early, but he's still willing to wake up and burp the baby or bring me things. He is such an angel. I'm so grateful for my wonderful Javier!!! I married a good man!
Here she is all cozy and ready to go home.
I;m so grateful to have me darling baby! I am so grateful that she is out of me and healthy! Ironically I just realized today was my due date, and instead I have a healthy little darling 2 weeks old! What a blessing! I have spent the last 2 weeks just watching her and kissing her sweet fat cheek and thanking heavenly father for sending her to me!



2 comments:
Congratulations Charity! She is so darling! I had almost given up on your blog, but you pulled through! Where did you guys end up moving?? It looks awesome.
Also, we had our babies the same time...you early and me late! But seriously, even with it being my 4th they sent me home repeatedly even though I was having contractions & dilating...so frustrating! Such different policies since my last delivery! Boo st. Luke's! Oh we'll...our babies were worth it all! So happy for your family!
Congratulations! She's just beautiful. I'm so sorry for that labor--it sounds horrible! I hope you recover quickly! Remember to take it easy, even if you're starting to feel better!
Post a Comment