Saturday, October 8, 2011

Potty Language

Max's favorite joke for the last few months has been, "Poopy diaper". I have tried to discourage him from saying it but he seriously thinks it is so funny, he can't say it without bursting into hysterical laughter. He's so cute, even when he's a potty mouth :)
But the last few weeks he's been really interested in having good manners. He's been waiting to talk until there's no food in his mouth, sitting at the table through a meal, and asking me about what is okay to say and what isn't.
He has learned now that talking about potty things at the table, for example, is not good manners.
So a couple days ago, we had some friends over and we were eating lunch when Max asked if he could go to the bathroom. He needed some help unbuttoning his pants so I went with him. He looked up at me and said, "Mommy, is it alright to say poopy diaper and bum bum, and pee pee in the bathroom?" To which I replied, that it was alright and then I went back to the table to talk to our friends and give Max some privacy. Then all the sudden we heard from the bathroom Max yelling, "POOPY DIAPER, PEE PEE, BUM BUM, POOP, TOILET PAPER, YUCKY POOPY, POTTY, PEE PEE, BUM BUM, POOOOOOPY DIIIIIIIAAAAPER!!!" at the top of his lungs. I thought it was so funny! It sounded like he had Teretts! (I'm not sure how to spell that) I guess he'd just been so polite all day he needed to get it out of his system.


2 comments:

Natalie Hansen said...

That's HILARIOUS!!! I would have died laughing!!! Almost am now!

Cherie said...

So funny!