Friday, September 16, 2011

The Days Fly By...

I love this picture! Javier has been so busy lately, working super long hours because they just keep giving him new responsibilities at work (which is a good thing, he's really everybody's favorite there and I am so proud of him!), every Tuesday night going to mutual and then spending maybe 3 Saturdays a month on his calling with either temple trips, or scout training, or whatever. Then he has been trying to study for the CPA test, which at this rate he might be working on that for a while since he is not having a lot of time to squeeze it in. But I love that even when his plate is so full, he loves spending time with the boys doing simple things. He feeds them, or gives them a special treat, or plays superheroes with them. I feel so lucky to be married to such a good man! He does so much for our family and so much to serve others, he is such a hard worker! But at the end of the day he still puts us first. 
 I have been quite busy too lately! I started my preschool and we have been having SO MUCH fun! I really enjoy planning the activities and the kids seem to love being here. My friend asked me the other day if teaching was like a passion for me and it totally is. Javier took these pictures at our open house.
First day of school picture with the teacher:
I included this one just so you can kind of see what the room looks like. I am really proud of it!
 IT has been so fun for Sammy to get to be here. He is really doing a great job following along with the big kids. Max still seems a little less excited than everyone else just because I think he feels so comfortable in the setting since its his home, but he loves having his friends here and he loves playing up here all the time, so he is still learning a lot. I guess soon enough he will be in real school and then he'll get to have all the excitement of going somewhere else and having someone else for a teacher.
Over the 3-day weekend a few weeks ago Javier and I and the kids spent a night in San Antonio. We were able to go to the temple Friday night and then go to Sea world all day on Saturday. We had so, so much fun! The first thing we did was get soaked and that did a lot to make the day more enjoyable because we weren't dying of heat. Every time we started to dry out, we just did it again. the whole thing was so much more fun with that strategy. Usually we get in here and 10 minutes later we are all totally dazed by heat and we just want to sit down and drink water.




 Then we enjoyed the morning lack of crowds and went on all the rides that Max was big enough for many times. He had so much fun! In this picture he's hidden by Javier, but he loved this ride. He went on it like 4 times!
 The carousel was totally the boys favorite part of the day, and ours too because their joy was so cute!
 Sea World has a sesame street part with all the Characters dressed up. Max was so funny with them. He got so excited to see them, but he totally didn't want to get too close. HE loved touching their fuzzy hands though.

 I think this picture was so funny! Of course a 4D movie is unbelievably amazing to a 3-year old.

 Poor Javi is running on very little sleep these days. He falls asleep all over the place. And whenever he is home Sammy just wants to snuggle him all night.
 Javier was working from home the other day I pulled out the paints for Max to use. Javier came over and was asking how they work. I thought he was just being silly so Max could explain it to him, but as it turns out he was sincere. He had never seen watercolors before. I forget all the time that Javier grew up in a different country, but things like this just always break my heart a little. He had never painted before, ever.
 Max and Sammy playing the piano together in the nude.
 And then dancing to the demo songs. Such cute boys!
 My friend, Christa gave us some amazing dress-ups that her son had grown out of. Max and Sammy have both enjoyed them so much and I'm thinking they'll probably be our Halloween costumes too. Sweet!
 With their hair covered up in these pictures I think they look a lot alike. I  almost had a hard time telling which was which in some pf the pictures.


Speaking of dressing up, Sammy wants to wear this pirate patch all the time. It is so funny! And Max decided that if they wear their cowboy hat sideways its a pirate hat, so now they both do that all the time too.
 And in closing...a face covered in smoothie!
 These have been really busy times, but overall really good too. We're having to schedule in family time, but thats actually been great! Where last year we spent almost every night together, just watching movies or something, now we've been spending maybe a couple nights a week together, helping the boys make sugar cookies, or playing together at the park, or painting, playing soccer in the yard, and so many other things. Overall I feel like we're making more memories, so I guess thats good. And I know that I am so lucky, because I get to spend every day and night with the boys. I don't know what I would do if I were in Javier's shoes, I think I would just cry all day. Quality time is wonderful, but I need my quantity time too :)
The good thing, is we know Javier won't be busy like this forever and its not even a fraction as bad as college, so we're in Great shape! We know that we are so blessed!

5 comments:

Emily C said...

Your preschool room looks so cute! I'm so glad you are doing it. Good Job!

Your boys are growing up so fast, they are so cute!

Natalie Hansen said...

Sounds like you guys are super busy! I'm glad things are going well for Javier at work and that your preschool is going well and you enjoy it! That's perfect for you! The room looks awesome too. Max and Sammy are so cute! Sea World looks like so much fun. It's so fun to do those things with kids. It's a thousand times more fun!

Natalie Hansen said...

I was just looking at your post again with Addie, and Sammy is looking so big!!! And I love that he ALWAYS has a smile on his face!

jayna said...

This post brought back so many memories for me...with Tyler studying for the CPA, being ward mission leader, and working LONG hours...but you seem to be handling it all way better! Good for you and awesome job on the preschool!!

Natalie said...

You rock. Seriously. I'm so proud of you doing your preschool and so proud of Javier for working so hard. And I miss you. Lots.