One day a few months ago I cut my finger while I was cooking dinner pretty bad, then the next day while I was driving I banged it and hurt it again. It was so bad I started crying in the car, sweet little Max noticed and started coaching me through it saying, "Its okay mommy, I know it will get off. I know it will get off soon!!" In his very matter of fact voice. The he sang me twinkle twinkle little star until we got home and kept asking me, "Do you feel better now mommy? Did that help you feel better?" Pretty soon I (as the crazy emotional lady I am) was crying not because my finger still hurt but because I was so happy to have such a sweet son! Max also sings in the car for Sammy all the time whenever he gets upset because he totally hates his car seat and the amazing thing is that it totally works. The second Max starts singing, Sammy will usually stop crying. That of course makes Max feel really proud.
Yesterday I did laundry and asked Max to carry his pajamas upstairs and he complained and took his time and got them all unfolded, but then I didn't even notice that while I was doing the dishes he took all the rest of his clothes upstairs without even being asked and whats more is that he put them all away in the right drawers. I was so impressed! What a good boy!
He really wants a Dog. His little bank that he got for his birthday has dogs on it and he always says that he is saving his money to buy a dog. Well, he found a dime at church on Sunday and as soon as he got home he rushed up to put it in his piggy bank saying "Yay!! Now I just need three more moneys then I can buy a dog!" He's got me convinced but his Dad is being the voice of reason here. Clearly we are not keeping up with everything as it is so we should definitely not get a dog, but it is so sweet to see how much Max wants one. Everytime Max sees a dog, he says, "Hi doggy. This is my brother Sammy". (Not to mention that every time Sammy sees a dog across a park or something he starts shrieking at the top of his lungs, "Dog, Dog!! Dog!!!..." Until he can no longer see it :)
Max is also so imaginative! He never EVER stops pretending and I get such a kick out of hearing him talk to himself. One of my favorites was one day at breakfast Max was talking to his cereal. The cereal was saying, "Max please eat me! I want to live in your tummy!" Then Max was replying, "Don't worry, I will eat you, It is going to be okay!" Then taking a big bite.
Another thing I love is that every now and then out of the blue Max will act out a book with me, like all of the sudden this morning he said, "Mommy, do you like green eggs and ham?" I of course replied, "I do not like them Max-I-Am" Then Max went through the whole book (that he could remember) Not memorized but just asking about each thing. "How about in a box mommy? What about if you eat them with a fox? (I just kept saying no no no) Would you like to eat green eggs and ham on a train? How about when it is raining? What about when you are in the water?" Then I told him I would try it and he asked me how I liked them and I told him how delicious they were. But it was just so funny to me that he was like acting. And he has done that other times too with different books.
Although so far Max doesn't like performing at all. Even when he was a little baby he would never do baby tricks for other people and now if I ever tell him to say something to anyone or tell daddy about something good he did during the day its like he gets embarrassed and he will say it really quiet in his baby voice.
He's getting to be awfully clever too. We normally don't let him watch TV or jump on the trampoline on Sundays but last Sunday I forgot about the trampoline thing and let him get up there and he said to me, "Sooo, its not Sunday?" Then I told him it was and he looked at me and said, "Sooo, can I watch Tv too?"
I feel like all of the sudden Max has this great desire to be obedient. I gave him a CTR ring a few weeks ago and I think that marks the turning point maybe. I told him it would give him power to choose the right and he likes to wear it for a little while every day. He calls it his choose the right ring. He is really doing a great job. I have been shocked so many times each day when I tell him to do something fully expecting him to ignore me like he usually does only to find he has done exactly what I asked him to do even when I know he didn't want to. I'm a lucky mom. On that note here is kind of an old funny story that happened in Ecuador. Max was pretty sick down there and one day I asked Javier to give him a blessing because I was worried about him. The funny thing was that when he was all ready Max said, "Daddy could you give me a blessing to have EXTRA POWER!!!?" We thought that was so cute. What a little boy.
Max loves to talk in baby talk right now because he likes copying Sammy. One day Javier was home with the kids on a Sunday. I just copied this story from his facebook because I am lazy.
Max said, "Daddy, Sammy says that he wants to watch Bob the Builder". I told him that it was Sunday and that we didn't watch tv on Sunday, and then I said, "Wait, how do you know that Sammy wants to watch Bob the Builder?. He doesn't know how to talk". Max said, "Sammy said GA GA GO GU GI GI". I said, "What does that mean?". He said, "It means, I want to watch Bob the Builder".
Max translates for Sammy all the time since then.
We love our Max so much! He's our little prince! He does and says so many funny and sweet things I could talk about them for hours! I'm so glad he's my sweet son!
4 comments:
I just caught up on all your posts! I just have to say, Max is possibly the cutest kid ever. Either that or he just has a really sweet, observant mamma. I serious can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!
Soooooo cute! We can't wait to see you soon! Max is super smart and so fun! Ever since Addie talked to you guys the other night she keeps saying she's going to play with cousin Max at the beach.
After posts like this I just feel like giving you a "HOOORAY!" for writing down so many sweet memories for your son!!
What a sweet little boy. I'm so glad that Christian is now maybe old enough to play with him this year.
Post a Comment