Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dad's Visit!!!!

Oohhh... My sweet Daddy came to visit us last week and we had SO MUCH FUN!!!! Max thought he was in heaven with his fun grandpa around to read him books and play silly games and laugh at everything he said. And so did Javier and I for that matter. We didn't want to let him go at the end of the week.
Isn't this a pretty lake. It is in a huge park which is a block away from our house. I can't wait for it to get cooler then we can enjoy it more often. We were sweating buckets every time we went outside last week.


I didn't mean to put my dad to work while he was here. But the first day he offered to help me refinish this dresser and I think it took me about a half a second to agree to that. Isn't my Dad the sweetest person! That he would come out for a visit and pick the hardest most horrible job we have on our to-do list and work his tail off all week! That's my sweet daddy. I like this picture too because you can see it was family affair. We even put Max to work. If sammy could hold sandpaper, we probably would have had him plugging away at it too.
This is a picture of a fun grandpa! Sammy didn't know what he was missing until Grandpa came to play. Let me just say, Sammy laughed harder and longer than he ever has before or since, and Max... well he usually spends his whole day telling me about everything he is doing, but last week, it was all, "Grandpa look at me", and "Grandpa, look at Max doin."  He also refused to go to bed until Grandpa did. As I was tucking him in he'd say sleepily, "grandpa sleepin too?" Well yes Max it is 12:30.
One day we got to go up to San Antonio. I had no idea how big and cool San Antonio is. These pictures were at the Alamo, which was also way cooler than I was thinking it was.
Max loved this cannon. He kept pretending to load it and then jumping up and saying, "Kaboom!"
This is at the river walk. It is soooooo pretty. Restaurants and shops and huge beautiful trees line the river. Gorgeous!

Then Dad watched BOTH the kids while Javier and I went to the temple. Let me tell you that is no easy feat when you are in some public place and you can't go outside because it would cook the children. Only a pro could make it work without major meltdowns. I know because the last time Javier and I tried to go to the temple we took turns with the kids. That wasn't a very good day. But Dad is a pro as you know but that was awfully nice of him to subject himself to that kind of pressure.
Oh we had so much fun. We played games and games and more games! I even won Acquire once which is about a miracle. We did lots of little things that we're too dumb to know how to do, like hang heavy frames and put up cord winders. Mostly we just had so much fun talking to Dad and getting to have him all to ourselves. We miss you Dad! We can't wait until Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Natalie Hansen said...

I'm glad you had so much fun with your dad. When he visited us after Addie was born he did the most horrible job there too. Got rid of all the mold on the bathroom ceiling with a mold kit that took hours of backbreaking work. So nice of him. He's awesome! It's so fun when the kids get to spend time with their grandparents.

Even though it's so hot Texas looks so fun and beautiful!

Ashley Dudley said...

aw, I love this post! your dad looks great! But I don't remember him having so much gray hair... :) Glad you guys are doing so wonderfully!

Cherie said...

That looks like so much fun. We will be visiting sometime. I know you'd love to be here with everyone, but this post does remind me of living in VA, and it was always so fun to have visitors. Especially since you have them all to yourselves, and get to do vacationy things. MISS YOU!