Tuesday, August 10, 2010

As a Mother Sometimes There are Things Which Take you by Surprise...

Like when all the sudden your tiny baby lifts himself all the way up on his hands like it's no big deal.
Or like when he loves to play in one of these and you can't figure out how it is that he can sit there and play with toys and be so big all of the sudden.
Or like when he olny needs one finger of support to sit up.
Or when your 2 year old draws this masterpeice on paper that you can't save.
OR, when you think your 2 year old has been climbing down from a chair...
But it turns out he fell asleep halfway.
Or, when all of the sudden after 3 years of marriage, you love your mother-in-law so much! And you are so grateful to her for taking the time to sing to your children on the webcam while they laugh and clap their hands because they are having so much fun. Isn't my mother in law beautiful!
OR when your two-year old sits on your baby...and the baby loves it!
Or when your two-year old sits on the couch and sings songs to your baby while you are busy and you realize that they already love eachother so much and they are already making little memories together, even if they are both too small to actually remember it, you know it is the start of a beautiful friendship.
SO, maybe I am just too slow, but really, I guess I get taken by surprise a lot. My mom told me once that as a mom you always wish every stage would last just a little bit longer. Isn't that so true! They change soooo fast!!!! But the other amazing part is that they keep growing up to do more wonderful things, so I guess I just need to remember that even though it is changing fast, its getting better and better.

4 comments:

Natalie Hansen said...

I can't believe Sam is so big and doing so much! What an awesome big brother Max is. Isn't that the best, seeing them love each other so much!

Cherie said...

I LOVE reading your blog. I can't believe all those things your kids are doing. They are so dang smart. It sounds like your talk must of been amazing.

Natalie said...

Those are SO CUTE Char. I love the one of Max asleep on the chair. Hilarious. And Sam is so big. I can't believe he's doing all those things.

jayna said...

Oh it is so true- nothing lasts long enough with these precious babies! (except maybe potty training... that can be as short as it wants...)