Friday, April 17, 2009

On the Edge!!!!

Oh, I am there! Please forgive this public rant, but I think this may just help a little.
Why am I on th edge???
WELL...
We are leaving for Ecuador in 5 days (hopefully, that is IF Javier can find his Passport, which doesn't seem to be anywhere) and Max is STILL sick! He got an ear infection like 3 weeks ago. Amoxicillin didn't kill it. His fever came back n full force (104.5) on tuesday and we spent 2.5 hours in the health center getting his blood drawn, X-rays taken, urine samples. We spent another hour there on Wednesday because the urine sample was contaminated. It turned out after all of that that it was still the old ear infection which had never been cured by the amoxicillin, so they gave him a shot of Hefty antibiotic and got his taking zithromax. By the way Max did NOT like all this poking and prodding and cutting and holding still in the health center. All that crazy antibiotic made Max super sick and he has been throwing up and having way more runny diapers than he did as a new born all the time. Then the worst part is that we went back today and His ear is still really infected. So they had to give him another shot of crazy antibiotic and we'll just cross our fingers that it will be all better by next wednesday...
The funny thing is that I have been so worried about Max getting bad diarhea in ECuador, I figured maybe this is just my practice round. The doctor told me today that he is definitely dehydrated. So...We'll start practicing all the things I've read you should do I guess and now I know what it looks like. My poor baby.
So with all that time in the health center (not to mention holding my poor sick baby I have barely started packing up our apartment which also must be vacated by next wednesday.
While all this is going on Javier has Finals this week, which if you don;t know anything about BYU's accounting program...they are really hard. And they are really important. Sooo I'm there. Plus I'm super worried about Ecuador. I am mostly worried about Max getting really sick, but I am also a little worried about spending 5 weeks with my inlaws who despite being married to Javier for two years I have only met once for like 5 days...so...yeah.
I am sure it will all turn out great! I know it will. Javier will find his passport, Max will get well, he'll probably do great in Ecuador and I know my inlaws are the nicest peopel in the world (I just hope they don;t get too sick of me) Plus for sure we'll get everything packed away and everything will work out with our sublease and Javier will do great with his finals and we will find a way to get everything we need in our suitcases and I'll find time to get the things that we need to take for his relatives, but for now I am on the edge. Actually, getting it all wrtten out helps a lot. Mayeb now I'm moving back into sanity a little. I think my breathing already feels slower. I almost don't even want to post this anymore...but What the hey. For Posterity! Sometimes when I am stressed I like to know that other people hve been there too, so there you go. This is about as honest as it gets. Don't judge me too hrashly for my emotional instability, although I probably deserve it.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh Char! So sorry. That sounds like quite the crappy week. I hope Max won't get on the constant ear infection cycle. And I agree, a long trip to a place 1000 miles away right after an baby illness sounds a little scary. I'm sure it will all work out though. I wish I were there to help you pack!

jayna said...

I'm shocked that you consider this post to be a little iffy...I say, we all live in the real world, and the real world is filled with events like these and stress is normal.

So I say good luck, and good for you for being normal.