Saturday, April 25, 2009

First 2 days in Ecuador

Well Javier is uploading something fir work so I hav a few minutes. Did you know that you can use a computer here for just 75 cents an hour? I thought I would upload some pictures. Yesterday afetr breakfast we were sitting out on the patio and this little pink chick walked in the door. Max thought it was awesome and I was really afraiud he would catch it, but luckily it survived long enough to escape.

Here are som eof about 70 pictures that we have already taken. We have taken that many pictures mosatly because our camera is kind of a novelty for Javiers family so his brother and nephews like to use it.But m glad that we will have such a great record of our trip. JVIERS BROTHER cRISTHIAN LOVES Max he has already taught him 2 or 3 darling tricks and he want to hold him and make him laugh all day!I like talking to Cristhian a lot. He is taking English in school and it is fun to here him speak engliosh and he is also really patient with my spanish. I am actually doping pretty well with the spanish. I find that I understand pretty much everything just not everything everything. I think how it works is that I can understand everything in the morning but by midafternoon my brain is too tired to focus enough on the spanish to undersatnd everything.





It is funny that I have been worrying so much about teaching Max to sleep on his own because it seems like it will alll go out the wondow here anyway. The crib Max is sleeping in just has little sides and he can just crawl over them, so I have been rocking hium to sleep in the hamock before I can lay him down. Ill post a video of him throwing himself over the edge sometime and youll understand.Here is a pícture of Max playing with Javiers favorite baby toy. its a little cowboy. This is my mother in law with three of her grandchildren. Senora Ruth is so beautiful! She is also very sweet. she loves to do things for Max and I am having a hard time getting her to let me do much to help, even with my own son! Esham and Anna fabiana are the pther kids in the picture. Esham is hillarious! He is 5 and VERY opinionated!Just in case the video didnt work heres a picture of the pink chick.Here is a picture pof Javier and Cristian playing soccer on the street in font of their house. It really looks like a picture from a textbook about third woprld countries. It cant capture at all the feeling here. It is so different from the united states, but I like it. everything is more layed back. The doors aren{t seeled so bugs can enter freely. Last night we found a huge trail of ginormous ants in the ki8tchenThey werfe steeling rice. The bag of rice was filled with ants and Javier just sifted them out. Today I found some ants in my lunch. I am glad that I am not as squeemish about bugs now as I used to be.l dirt.Here is a picture of Mama Estrellita, Javierñs grandma. It is crazy hot here. Most of time Max is ust wearing a shirt and last last night he just slept in his diaper.

Here is picture of me with Javiers aunt5 Jessica and a dear friend that he used to work with named Petty. Every one is so very nice to me. I love them all so much! I also love all teh hammocks! Arent these women beautiful!!! Here is a picture of some of javiers at all, it is just the oposite there, everyone says he looks just like Javier. Funny.
Love you all. WE are doing great and we{re going to have lots of fun. Weve got to go, soooo I{ll guess Ill posty some other time. Chao

6 comments:

Kristina said...

How exciting and fun! We will go to Ecuador someday. A very LONG someday away.

HeatherandTanner said...

Wow! It looks like you guys are having an amazing time! Love you guys!

Andrew and Ariel said...

Glad to hear you're all doing well! We're curious about the pink chick. Max looks happy in the arms of his family!
We look forward to more!

jayna said...

Awesome Char! I love Costa Rica, as you know, there is a special feeling to those southern countries! I'm sure you guys are having a blast, despite the ants! Take care!

Natalie said...

Max looks really happy! And why not, a crib that can't keep him in, tons of relatives that want to hold and play with him all the time, and not having to wear any clothes- sounds pretty sweet. Love you!

Diana said...

Wow so fun! I'm sure max will love these trips even more in the years to come when he's older & can remember his cool family there.

Newer Post Older Post Home