The other day Phoebe came home with a big homework assignment. She was so frustrated. She thought her teacher was so mean to ask something so hard if her. “Doesn’t she know I have a life outside of school???”
I commiserated with her but I told her I was glad she had the assignment. I told her if she practiced now it would be easy to type by the time she was maxs age.
Fast forward to tonight. I got discouraged. I was feeling that I just want to take care of my 7 kids (I’m claiming Dome). This work is so important, but instead of having a village to help me I feel like I have a village of people demanding I take care of them too and I can’t do it. I put my face in my hands and mentally shook my fist at God and said, “ you promised you wouldn’t ask more of me than what I could do!”
Then he answered back, “I never said that”
And I thought a minute and realized he didn’t. He asks us to do what we can’t do all the time.
Then in my minds eye I could see little Phoebe frustrated about typing her story and I realized it was just the same. If I don’t give up and I keep trying to do all these truly impossible tasks, my capacity will actually grow.
Natalie Hansen, Grandma, my ministering sisters, my primary calling, etc, etc, etc I haven’t been taking care of any of them but Feeling so stressed about all of them.
Im going to keep trying. Phoebe could have closed her computer and said “I don’t care what my teacher says. It’s impossible and I’m not doing it” but she didn’t. She kept trying.
I want to be like Phoebe



No comments:
Post a Comment