Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Royal Phoebe

A couple days ago Phoebe was explaining to me how the world runs. "I am Princess Bella and Esther is Princess Annalise. I think Max and Sammy can be knights and we just need some servants... I think you and Daddy are our servants!" That is about right :)

About a month ago, she came to the same conclusion. Every night I lay in between Phoebe and Esther and read them a book...or ten. Inevitably, halfway through someone will need a drink of water so we call Daddy and ask him to bring a cup. One day after Daddy yet again sweetly answered our plea, Phoebe looked cunningly at me and said, "I feel like Daddy is our servant, like whatever we ask him to do, he has to do it!"

I have been pregnant and sick and then on bedrest the last week because of a subchorionic hemorrhage. My dear mother has saved our lives!!!!! She has been taking Phoebe to school or picking her up a lot and phoebe has been relishing every moment! She adores her Mimi more than anyone else in her life right now. If I talk to my mom on the phone Phoebe will say, "Don't talk to mom, talk to me!!!"She is so proud and excited every day to tell me about the special treat they picked up on the way home. I feel so so lucky to have that kind of a mom and it makes my mom heart so happy to see Phoebe loving her grandma so much :)

This girl spends about 50 percent of her time drawing or painting right now. She makes hundreds of pictures a week for so many people.

Phoebe fell and cut her lip. It was tiny but deep so she needed a stitch. The doctor said she had never seen a kid who handled a stitch more bravely. She hardly flinched. Then she was so very responsible about reminding me to put the ointment on the cut, several times a day for five days. It made my job so much easier!

When I was really sick, the girls watched Barbie of swan lake almost every day. Phoebe doesn't like it any more. This is a World Cup year and Javier is trying to watch every game. Most of the kids like it but Phoebe says soccer is Boring! She was arguing with javier the other day telling him so assuredly that he was definitely going to get bored of soccer from watching so much of it. To all his protest she just assured him that she knew he would just like she got bored of her Barbie movie :)

As she was saying the family prayer one night Phoebe prayed that Sammy wouldn't say the F-word or the B-word or the SH-word or the Q-word and she just went on and on and we all could not help but just be cracking up because of course Sammy has never said any of those words. It was cute!

No comments: