Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Esther the puppy

Esther loves to be a princess during the day but at bedtime she is always a puppy. If I tell her , "Esther lay your head on the pillow," Or any such direction she will correct me, "You mean, Puppy, Go to seep!" I love my precious little puppy more than words can express!

I love the way Esther always speaks and moves with so much grace. It is almost funny because she is so little tiny, yet she behaves like a graceful mother, always so gentle and sophisticated. I bet she will always be like this. Like sleeping beauty blessed with grace at birth :)

The other night I was putting The girls to bed and Phoebe was already asleep. Why is it that at bedtime the kids are always at their very sweetest and funniest till I almost hate for them to fall asleep. Esther started saying, "look theres a monster! But I have powers to be-stwoy (destroy) the monster!! There is an alligator. The alligator is sweet and kind. The monster is scawy!!" I laughed and laughed! She told me all about how sweet the alligator is.

Esther is Phoebe's shadow right now. She just follows her all around and copies every single word and gesture. It is hilarious!
Phoebe, looking in the mirror: "Mommy you missed a spot with the sunscreen"
Esther, standing next to Phoebe but looking at the wall: "Mommy you missed a spot with the sunscreen"
They spend the other half of the time shrieking at each other. Esther is by far my easiest toddler but she definitely can hold her own with all the bigger kids too. Everything she says and does makes me laugh.

Esther is very socially mature. Without any reminder or just a gentle one she will ask nicely, or share voluntarily. She will ask me for permission to do things which always makes me laugh. I think a lot of this is her personality but I think some has come from so many interactions with Phoebe all her life. Im so happy that so far all our kids have a friend. I hope we can work that out for the new baby.

Esther told me tonight as I was changing her diaper, "Mommy, you are a good changer. Daddy is a bad changer, but he is a good boy. He is a a good Daddy for me!"

Esther noticed my eyebrows tonight and called them, "silly things" I told her she had eyebrows too and she was so funny trying to scrunch her eyebrows down and look up to see them.

a month later, eyebrows are Esther's favorite thing in the world. She loves to stroke her eyebrows or my eyebrows and she talks about them all the time.

No comments: