Wednesday, January 13, 2016

These little wonders

I learned rather late how to get pictures from my phone into some useful place. These are all the pictures Ive taken on my phone since Essy was born :) from a couple days old till yesterday :)










eq

 I went fir a walk with the girls as soon as I felt well enough to do it. just around the block. They both loved the sunshine!
 Easy really liked to be in the sling when she was itty bitty.

 Have I mentioned here how much Sammy adores Esther. He will sit and hold her and play with her for hours as he sings to her the sweetest madeup songs about how much he loves her and would die for her. He is so tender!
Such a dear happy girl! 
When she was very small she used to cry for a while at night. I wasn't sure if it was reflux or colic or just overwhelm with the chaos of bedtime. goodness knows i used to feel like crying at bedtime a couple months ago. But other than those few hours she has been very happy and contented and easy going.  At about 2 months she started sleeping all night and stopped crying inconsolably and all the rest of us got through the hardest part of the transition and we started settling back into a normal life :)It must be such a shock for a little spirit to leave the peace of heaven and be thrust into a home with shrill screaming and fighting from siblings and overwhelmed parents. She handled the whole ordeal with a great deal of grace. One thing that was very special for me were her smiles. From the day she was born, every time she opened her eyes she would smile at me and it was such a reward I just knew I could get through. She is such a treasure! Since we didn't strictly plan on Esther I feel like she was God's gift to me. I didn't deserve it but I am so so grateful for her!
The last week of october we took the kids to the corn maze. Sammy wanted to ride a pony so so badly and he loved it! Max did not like it at all! They were both so cute!

Most of the cousins in a nest at the zoo.
Max and Sammy are the cutest! They like to snuggle with each other and me. Like the worst threat I can make is that they'll have to sleep apart but I can never have the heart to follow through with it. Poor Javier is trying to get the to stay in their own bed all night but I don't have the heart to follow through with that either. The anxiety is a little awful right now and I like feeling like all the kids are in our room even if I hardly sleep at all in the middle of all those smugglers. I know I need to work on it but I also know they won't want to snuggle much longer and I just can't bear to think about cutting it off early. I know I have a problem :) :(
 Phoebe is a ballerina every day these days. She loves to dance too! She is always asking me to turn on a ballerina song and dance with her. It is ADORABLE!
 I looked over one day and saw Sammy had made this little city bed for him and Esther.
Maxy loves Esther so much too! Sammy gets a lot more time with baby so he learned faster how to hold her so she would be happy. Max was so proud of himself when he figured out how to calm her when she started to fuss. He is so sweet playing with her and rubbing his cheek against her face and hair with his sweet tender smile. He is a little shyer about it than Sammy but he loves her just as much.

 Discovery Center



Max's stocking. He made a sign that said, "Put the toys in here"


 Sammy made a background for these gingerbread dinosaurs which I thought was pretty creative.

 Esther is so beautiful! /i could look at her all day! frequently I do :) I wish I could more.



I have been feeling very tender about my grandma lately. I have never appreciated more being cared for and loved and taken care of. Grandma gives so much without ever expecting anything. She just adores our kids! She has all the littles over every Monday and she makes cookies with them and plays games with them and feeds them ice cream and crackers and popsicles. She does a million things like that really. I just hope she lives forever. Im going to miss her more than I can say if she doesn't.



 Sammy made this sculpture out of play dough. It was supposed to be me :) I love it!
 He did this too. He is so so sweet to me! I sure love him!
And I sure love this little muffin. He had a gingerbread house making party at school and I had so much fun with him!
Hillart and Allison came up before Christmas. I loved seeing them!

 Sammy directing the snowman making


 Essy sleeping in her exersaucer on christmas eve
 All the kids and especially Phoebe were delighted with their presents!





All Max asked for this year for Christmas was Beanie Boos. All Sammy asked for was a pet wolf and a pet seal so they both got beanie boos and boy all three of the kids have LOVED them!! They have been playing with them NON-STOP! One night at 4 in the morning I woke up to laughter only to find the boys wide awake playing with their beanie boos so now they can't sleep with them anymore. They are adorable playing with them though. I love it!




"Don't Leave Daddy!"
 Finger Painting with Phoebe during Mommy school. we have so much fun!


What can I say. Its a great, blessed life!

No comments: