My sweet wonderful parents have been called on a mission. I don't know if I have mentioned that here yet. We are so so very excited for them and we are also going to miss them so much! They are going to be mission presidents in Baton Rouge Louisiana for three years. I know they are going to be so so amazing!
Because they are so sweet and wonderful they offered to watch our kids before they left so we could get a weekend away. We didn't need to think twice about where to go. Ever since we left New York we have been itching to get back. I was a little nervous when it came time to go because it was record cold, but it didn't even matter. We froze our tails off but we had so so so much fun! Our New York City! Oh how I love you!!! We had so much fun doing a million fun things in the city plus reminiscing plus being on our own without any kids and getting to feel like people again. It was so amazing!
 |
| I thought it was so funny that as soon as we were on the street it was like a flood of memories washed over us as soon as we smelled the subway. So pungent, so distinct, it smells like the summer we lived here. |
 |
| When we lived in New York the 911 memorial wasn't done yet. It is beautiful and moving. I am so glad to finally get to see it. |
 |
| We stumbled in on a beautiful concert in Trinity Church. Sooo Lucky! |
 |
| We wandered around central park while it was snowing which was pretty magical. |
 |
| Oh Magnolias. We joked that we came mostly for the food. Maybe it wasn't a joke. Halal carts, Shake shack, Serendipitys, and magnolias to be precise :) |
 |
| We also tried some new things. We read about this little hole in the wall Korean restaurant up on the third floor of this little building in little Korea. It was very authentic and fun! |
 |
| We did some things like Grand Central Station that I had done on my own last time and Javier wanted to see. |
 |
| Upper West side is so homey. I love it! |
 |
| Reminiscing on wall street. It was 10 degrees and with the breeze off the river it was so cold we could only stand to walk a block or two before going inside to warm up. Frreeezing! |
 |
| Javier's favorite part and a big highlight for me too was seeing Columbia University. Beautiful, huge and so historic, we walked where Benjamin Graham and Warren Buffet have walked which was exciting. |

 |
| Then we walked down Riverside Park at Sunset which was just unbelievable. Beautiful and so quiet! |
 |
Then we made it just in time running to see the Opera Werther at the MET. It was so incredible! The Opera house is breathtaking! We sat in the back of the 5th balcony and the view of the whole room was incredible! The singing was unbelievably beautiful! It was such a fun night for me! And our tickets were only $30 a seat.
 |
 |
| To finish up the night and our trip we went to the top of the Empire State Building at 1:30am. This is something I always wanted to do but we couldn't really afford it when we lived there. It was amazing!!! It was only us and two other couples and the city was so incredibly beautiful! It was truly crazy to be up so high. We took an elevator up 88 floors!! It was still that 10 degree day and we got so cold our cheeks froze up and couldn;t move but it was so worth it! |
I feel like the luckiest woman on earth to have such a wonderful, handsome, funny, sweet, adorable, intelligent husband! I am so grateful for our summer in New York and so grateful for another wonderful memory of my favorite city with my favorite man!
 |
| And this picture might be a little out of place. A couple weeks ago we got to chaperone for the youth sweethearts dance and we had a blast dancing and breaking up kids who were dancing too close :) |
1 comment:
Jealous, I haven't been back to NY in 6 years. And I did hear about your parents. That's so cool. Visiting them will be so fun I'm sure.
Post a Comment