Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Bucheli Fall


Last week Javier had an appointment with his doctor about his liver condition. Last year they told him that he would probably never recover from it and that there was a chance it could kill him down the line. Miraculously his tests were normal this year and the doctor said that means there is no more inflamation in his liver! We were so excited! My mom came and sat with the kids in the waiting room because she is such a sweetheart! She played pennies with Sammy and gave him Gum! He was so proud! He learned all the names of the coins except he calls the dimes "diamonds" and when anyone questions him on this he says, "no! Granma told me!" Sweet Grandma!

These cute little monkeys play wrestling and fighting all day long! I have learned to love their cute imaginations and sweet voices and the fact that they are having fun, even if they are being violent :) I will miss these times so much if they ever grow out of this.

Sammy as always in so completely obsessed with Phoebe. She said her first word a couple days ago: brother (bubba), She will watch them and say it over and over when they are playing with her or across the room. It is obviously for the boys though because she only says it when she is looking at them. It is pretty sweet to see that she loves those wild and crazy boys even when it looks like they are being too rough, she is loving it.

These pictures are from the corn maze


We started off all bright eyed and bushy tailed. Max had a map and he navigated us through the whole maze. It was so fun to see his little left brain at work! And he was so proud of himself!

Everybody was pretty worn out by the end :)

It is so fun to get together with the family every week and let the kids run wild and laugh and dream and commiserate with my brothers and sisters and parents! We are so lucky!




Phoebe looooves frozen yogurt :)

We have been walking to church lately and it is just a beautiful time! It is so fun to just walk and the kids laugh and play and race. It makes me feel like the world is a wonderful place!




Tio Cristhian left on a mission and the kids had fun getting together a package of winter clothes for him since you can't really buy that stuff in Ecuador :)

I love this picture!







Cute pumpkin soup face

We found this praying mantis at my parents house one night and Sammy wanted so badly to bring it home with us in the car so we let him hold it. Unfortunately the boys fell asleep on the way home and we couldn't find it by the time we got there. The next day I was driving and felt something poke my arm. I looked down and there was the praying mantis climbing up my shirt and then all the way down my leg and onto my feet before I made it home and was able to put him in the sweet outdoors. That was a little driving adventure!

I took the boys to a pumpkinj patch out in Caldwell on the way home from getting apples. They were adorable picking out their pumpkins. Sammy insisted in pulling the heavy wagon all the way to the car. Quite the gentleman!


We have had some really nice weather days this fall. One day I taped up some paper and let the boys paint some fall pictures. I love to watch them paint!


Phoebe loved to try out her new moppet togs swing!

Sammy found a lady bug and had a good time looking it over.

One night for family home evening Javier had the birllinat idea of sending the boys on a scavenger hunt. They LOVED it! They loved it so much in fact that they wanted to do it again the next week :)

I drive all the way across town twice a week to take Sammy to preschool. I do this for 2 reasons 1. is because I am insane 2.  is the real reason and it is because I think it is so good for him! This is the most amazing preschool! I love to see the way they teach the kids and interact with them with so much respect and understanding. Sammy is Thriving in his little community and I love to see the way that confidence spreads to all he does. I can see such a tangible difference with him since he started preschool! He is so happy! I am so grateful that he has this opportunity!

When we were waiting for our mulch the boys continued their play not in the sandbox but in the dirt mound (now moved into place in our back yard). They had so much fun making mud paintings on the fence.

So there are some random things about our fall. I am feeling crazy and overwhelmed and torn and stretched, but looking back at the pictures it is so good to remember that we are being very blessed! I should stop complaining and remember that we have so much to be grateful for! The Lord has been very good to us and all the rest will work out in the end. 

No comments: