Sammy is hillarious!! He is so so so strong willed right now it kills me, but I tell myself he is going to be so successful in life. The kid knows what he wants and he will not settle or be distracted or sidetracked by anything!
He went to school every Wednesday this year and I got to go with him. I love his school! It was worth the tuition for me just to have this forced time to focus only on him, poor poor middle child, he doesn't get that kind of attention very often. It was so fun playing with him. Sammy loves to play pretend and preschool was no different. He would find one animal or car or object for himself and one for me and we would play that one game of pretend usually for most of the hour. He has got a looooong attention span! Most of the other kids would jump from one activity to the next, but not my Sammy.
Sammy is ever in Awe of his big brother although he is in denial right now that Max is the big brother. He is always saying that Max is too little to do things and that he is big enough. Like "Max, only I can hold Phoebe ALL BY MYSELF because I am bog enough, but you aren't big enough".
This day they both fell asleep on top of me. Because Sammy becomes a little tyrant when he is tired and he wakes up every night he has been sleeping in our bed. There is just no way once he gets there that we will be able to talk him into going back to his bed without hours of screaming and tears and waking up siblings involved. Some days I wake up feeling like I have been hit by a truck, True, but the truth is, I love snuggling my precious boy. Just like Max at this age, I think I miss him when he isn't there.
Adorable boy loves to help me cook. Max has never been interested in this except if we are making cookies, but Sammy loves to help me cook anything. He will sit up on the counter and watch and help and talk to me. His reasoning right now is adorable. He talks everything out to himself with long repeated explanations as he is figuring out why we do the things we do. I need a video of him talking to me.
Sammy is absoluetly enamored with Phoebe. He wants to hold her all day long. I have to actually argue with him to get the chance to hold her myself. He calls her his baby and he loves to make her laugh.
My Mom dropped in the other day and held Phoebe. When she said, "I think I better go." Sammy looked at her distrustfully and said shyly, "Okay, just leave Phoebe here...You can just give her to my mom." He was afraid Mom would take her with her.
Sammy is pretty crazy about both his siblings. The other day I was telling him how lucky is to have a brither and a sister and he said, "Yeah, and wouldn't it be sad if Phoebe was all alone at home and Max and I were tied up? But then I would get out my light saber and cut us free and fight all the bad guys."
Both my boys have been really into star wars lately. My favorite thing is that Sammy is always talking about "Dart Mater" I love this boy! He keeps me laughing all day and he is so very tender and loving! Sammy my dear boy!
| And here is cute little ninja Sammy! |



No comments:
Post a Comment