Monday, April 23, 2012

Dad's visit!

 I am months behind on my posts so these  next few might be short on commentary. Goodness knows if I don't write everything down the day it happens all the details slip out of my ears or something :)
 My sweet daddy came to see us about a month ago. We had lots and lots of fun!!! Oh how my children love their grandparents! Max always always refers to the guest room in our house as grandpa's room which is pretty cute I think. Of course now that Zach and Natalie stayed in it he calls it Addie's room sometimes too :) But while Daddy was here Max and Sammy pretty much tried to absorb as much of his attention as was possible: climbing on him, holding his hand, sitting in his lap, playing games with him, shooting water guns at him, dragging him out to the trampoline, and generally talking his ear off. Sweet Grandpa!
 We went downtown during South by Southwest which is a big event in Austin. Don't let these serene pictures fool you, it was insane! I have never seen so many drunk people with beers in hand in my life (actually that is totally a lie there were 10 times more at the UT football game we went to last year). But we still had a lovely walk from our super far away parking spot and we had a great time!

 Ww found our way to the Austin Children's Museum and we basically had a ball there!
 Dad and Javier and me...and Max and Sammy... played so long and had so much fun in the physics and inertia room. It was awesome!




 Max concentrating very hard on building a machine :)
 Sammy too!

Dad brought the boys some water guns and let me tell you they were a serious hit!! I don't think a day has gone by that we have been home that Max and Sammy haven't wanted to have a water fight. Sometimes we put water in them and sometimes we don't, but they are a lot of fun! Dad and Javier had to show the kids how to use them :)


 But then they were really good sports and let The kiddos totally soak them. You can see what a chicken I Was. I just hid behind the camera. "You can't shoot mommy because that would ruin the camera"...
 Oh I love my Daddy!! We drove him up to Dallas for his business trip at the end of the weekend and went swimming up there and played around in Dallas and then we got to drive home in an epic rainstorm with explosive thunder and lightening ripping the sky. Seriously amazing! We got home to find the wind had blown over our kiddie pool and filled it to the top with rainwater. Thats like 2 feet of water in one rainstorm. Nuts! But hallelujah too because it filled up our drought-emptied lakes and now we can water our yard again finally after at least a year of restrictions!
 These are pictures from walking group. Max loves to talk to his friends while we walk for a couple hours. I love hearing him talk to other kids.
 Sammy's hillariously adorable expressions! they are often angry, but they melt my heart with cuteness!


Cute cute precious boys! I sure do love em! We walked for like 2 1/2 hours this day in the hot sun and we shared our stroller with a friend whose daughter was really tired so they pretty much walked the whole way and they were serious troopers. What good boys!

No comments: