Monday, March 12, 2012

Desperately in love with March!

I got to make a cake for our ward's birthday party for relief society. It looks better in the picture than it did in real life, but I had such a fun time making it!
 The weather has been gorgeous and since we know we have only a couple months of bearable weather before summer sets in we are trying to get our fill of it!


 Some friends and I started a walking/exploration group to try out a new trail every week and walk together! There are almost limitless trails that are amazingly beautiful around here so I'm really excited. Today was our first day and Max ran about 2 1/2 miles without tiring out and Sammy maybe half of that. I was so amazed! I don't think any of us realized how far we'd walked because we were having somuch fun! Sweet Carson pushed our stroller almost the whole way and played peekaboo with Sammy and generally was just so sweet! He made it a lot more fun of a day for Sammy!
                           

 Little painters.
 We're learning a bout space in preschool now. SO fun! Max was making planets out of playdough.
 ANd Sammy sporting some playdough jewelry :)
 Okay this is from february. The next couple pictures are from Valentines day.
 Our stake had a valentines dance and Javier and I went even though I was so sick I could hardly stand. It is our only chance to dance all year so I just couldn't give it up.      
 Sammy is in my favorite age. He's cracking me up about a thousand times a day. He's talking a ton so  that is hilarious and he thinks he's already too so he is so easily frustrated and he's just hilarious. Whenever he gets so angry that he just can't express it, he starts growling which inevitably makes everyone laugh, including him.
 Shaving cream sensory table at preschool.
 One day we went with some friends to the Austin Nature and Science Center. It was beautiful and so cool! The kids were able to dig for and uncover dinosaur bones which was really cool!


 Sammy sure loves his friend Cameron. Whenever he sees him he gets so excited and yells his name. Its fun seeing him make some friends his own age instead of just loving on all Max's friends.
 All the roadsides are covered with beautiful wildflowers. Oh how I love Texas in March! Beautiful!!
My kids adore angry birds, so in an effort to make it a little less mind numbing, we've been playing real angry birds. That way the kids have to be a little creative when they build their own structures out of blocks and it helps them practice their throwing skills. Its been a whole lot of fun too!







Desperately, desperately in love with March!

2 comments:

jayna said...

I wish our march looked like this! We get one day, then a week of rain! Lots of cute pictures! (cute boys help with that!)

Natalie Hansen said...

It looks so beautiful and so fun! I love Sammy's smile when he scrunches up his face. we're so excited to come in just a few weeks!