SO normally when I have a lot of random pictures and a lot of catching up to do, some clever way to tell it all pops into my mind. Not so today. Here are a bunch of pictures of our recent adventures in no particular order and definitely no cleverness, just so you're prepared.
We got a couple of those foam swords and my kids have been having so much fun! Even Sammy loves to walk around swinging them through the air! But we have to watch him closely because every few minutes he'll try to take a bite out of one :)
Max totally loves it. He's always saying, "I'm gonna fight you!" Something else funny is that he is always asking Javier if he can watch "Mad money" with him on his ipod. That is totally a news show about investing just in case you didn't know...not a cartoon.I love this picture of Sammy! He is going to be 1 in a week and a half. I could just cry! He is so cute right now, I love it. But then when I think about it, I feel like he was hardly even a baby. Thank goodness for pictures to help me relive his babyhood a little in times to come.
My mom gave me these knives for an early birthday present. Aren't they awesome!Max and Sammy both love to help me in the garden. Sammy mainly eats chalk and dirt, but Max likes to pull weeds and water the trees and grass (usually he gets us all wet too :)
Sammy sweeping.
I love this picture of Sammy. He is such a sweet little loving boy! It was so funny the other day I was singing "If you chance to meet a frown" to the kids in the car and Right after I finished Sammy started singing "dadadadadadadada" to the same tune! Max and I laughed so hard!
Something I love about Max is the way he always says thank you. Even when I tell him he can't have something, or do something he wants to do, if I tell him he can do it tomorrow he will get all excited and say, " Really!!! Oh thank you, thank you, THANK YOU Mommy!!!" And it is so sincere.
Our nearest temple is in San Antonio, so it is a little different than living in Provo, where it was across the street. It takes 2 hours to get there and two hours to get back and it is always very busy. We try really hard to make it each month and I feel like it has been neat to see my perception change from feeling like it was really a sacrifice to get our kids loaded up and make the trek out there for an exhausting day, to really feeling the privilege of being in the house of the Lord. I guess it is because we have to sacrifice to go that I appreciate it so much!
After all, how Wonderful is it to go to a place where I can remember and ponder about how I can be with my sweet family forever! No sacrifice is too great for that!
Seaworld is just 20 minutes away from the Temple so we decided to get season passes. We're pretty excited to get to go back there.
Max wanted to see sharks sooo bad! They were pretty cool!
And poor Max! We waited to see this show where the actors are all ocean animals. Amazing right! Well, unfortunately just as it was starting Max had to go to the bathroom. We got back just as it was finishing. I guess we'll have to try next time :)
I am so lucky!



4 comments:
Sammy looks so old! I don't know if it is because he is walking or what, but he seems to be a lot older than Marky, even though he isn't. You have two adorable little boys :)
And Mad Money? That's hilarious!
Sammy does look waaaay old! And he started doing everything so early that I bet it did feel like he wasn't a baby for too long. That's awesome that you go to the temple every month! I bet that will be a fun memory for your boys too. What kind of knives are those? They look awesome!
Your kids are so cute and I can't wait 'til July! We seriously want to come visit you when it's cold here and just right there!
Awww! You are all so cute. I got a little sad to see how big Sammy is. I don't feel like we know him at all and he's such a big boy now. Miles will be almost a year old by the time we get together in July too, so he and Alex will probably seem that way to you too. But I can't wait! Sammy needs to get to know his aunt Nat (and his aunt Natalie too--which is which?).
Cute Cute Kids! Happy birthday Sammy! I did think about him the day after Christian's birthday. I can believe he is one already! I love your knives too, and matching kitchenaid in the background. Fun Happy bright colors. I love the temple. You did hear that Meridian is getting one right? Awesome. Miss you, but see you pretty soon!!!
Post a Comment