Saturday, March 12, 2011

Crazy boys!

Oh my boys are so silly! I am going to post a bunch of pictures I have taken these last few weeks of them playing together and tell you some funny stories...

Max loves Bob the builder right? Well a few weeks ago, we couldn't figure out why our table was so wobbly until one day I saw Max under the table with his arm up in between two boards loosening the screws that hold it together. He had taken out 3 of 4 screws over a couple days and hid them in the drawer of the hutch! Funny Boy! Along those same lines he was pretending the other day that everything was broken like this, "Oh no! The couch is broken! Let's fix it! Oh No! The wall is broken! Lets fix it! Oh no! Sammy is broken! Lets fix him!" Then he said, "Oh no! The TV is broken...lets get a new one!" We died laughing! Oh and we got a tread mill for Javier's birthday and that Box provided so many different kinds of entertainment for weeks and weeks! It was a fort, a slide, an house, a bed, a pool, a boat, a ramp, a trampoline. I am telling you HOURS!!! of playtime!! These friends were over for 4 hours and that was the only thing they played with the whole time.

Sammy is a sweetie! And a maniac! He is walking all the time now and we love the way he is always shrieking like Max does ( I think it is so funny!) Also, he thinks brushing his teeth is hillarious! I love how he and Max are best friends. When they see eachother in the morning it is like the most joyous moment of the day! Max will yell, "Sammy, my baby! My Brother!!" and Sammy will give a high excited shriek and they will tackle eachother with a big hug. Then Max has been saying lately, "Sammy is my best friend in the whole world!!"
He is such a little dare-devil too! The other day he pulled a pillow off the couch and climbed up on it, I looked over in time to see him throwing himself head first off the back of the couch! I ran and screamed thinking I would be too late to save him from a terrible injury, but instead he landed right on his head and got up laughing and ran over to try it again!! Seriously! Are other people's 10 month olds that wild/brave? I guess having a big brother makes you tough!

And here is his bear walk. He went through a phase where he always walked up on his feet and hands like this right before he learned to walk. SO cute! I loved it!
Javier is such a fun Dad! He and Max like to play fighting where they will both run around the living room jumping on the couch and swinging stuff around. No wonder sometimes in the middle of the day Max will say, "Mommy I'm sad because I miss Daddy!"
But then Max made me laugh a few weeks ago when I told him that he had to come out of the office because it was just Daddy's office. He said, "No thats just my office", then pointing upstairs he said "thats just Daddy's playroom!"
Max has been a little confused lately about some religious subjects. One Sunday I took him out in the hall because he was being noising during sacrament meeting and tried to explain to him about how much Jesus loves him. HE asked me why so I told him it was because Jesus is his brother. He looked at me confused and said, "so Sammy is Jesus?" and then another time, I was teaching him about how someday Jesus will come to Earth again and how wonderful it will be. I really thought he understood because he was talking about how Jesus would come and he would see him and talk to him, but then he said that Spiderman would come with Jesus too. Well....
And we such a gorgeous day today, we had fun playing outside. Sammy played with the hose while Max played Soccer with Javier in his underpants. Don't worry, it was hot.
And I finished painting the hutch. I don't know why I put up pictures of my furniture next to pictures of my kids, but, I like seeing other people's houses, so here it is. Its not a great picture, but you get the idea.
And this is what it looked like when I bought it on craigslist for 40 dollars. Yay for used stuff! Its cheap!

6 comments:

Natalie Hansen said...

I don't even know where to start! But your boys are so funny and cute! It's so sweet that Max loves Sammy so much. And that hutch looks amazing! I really need to get your tips on redoing furniture.

Cherie said...

The hutch looks so cute. Right out of a pottery barn magazine. So many cute funny stories about your kids, but I especially liked the one about max and the office, and that he thought Sammy was Jesus. Miss you.

Ashley Dudley said...

um, your kids are hilarious! and you need to move back to utah so you can teach me to be as crafty as you, I'm in love with the hutch- great job!

jayna said...

Kids+Hutch=GREAT JOB!!

HeatherandTanner said...

Your boys are so cute! We need to see you sometime soon and get Sammy and Marky together :)

That hutch is amazing!

Natalie said...

Quinn and I died laughing at Max's antics. He is one funny kid, I need more time with him too. And the hutch turned out AMAZING. You've got skills dear.