Monday, June 28, 2010

Road Trip!!

So on June 2nd, we loaded up our car and then squeezed into the remaining space and left our beloved Boise to head off into a new life in the unknown...
You can't tell from this picture, but literally every square inch of space in our car was filled. The front seat was packed to the ceiling and I couldn't even put my feet down because there was stuff on the floor.

We stopped in Salt Lake to say goodbye to our dear friends, the Marshalls. We'll miss you guys so much, but we're excited to visit you in D.C. sometime! They let us check out their cool new ipad. Waaay fun!
Sammy sure like Ariel!

After we left the Marshalls, we headed down to Provo to get some last minute loose ends tied up and we didn't get on the road until late, so we had to drive until midnight our second day. But this is what we saw out the window on our third day. I believe Colorado is probably the ugliest state in the nation. This picture at least has this pretty bluff thing, but mostly we just saw flat, brown dirt.
On the third day of our trip, we stopped in Los Lunas, New Mexico to see one of Javier's favorite mission companions and his parents who were Javier's sponsors to come to BYU. It was so great to see Seth and Kristina and their little cute kiddos and to finally meet Seth's parents who are the reason I am married to Javier today! They are all wonderful and Amazing people!
Max had a really fun time playing with Simeon!
We took this picture at a random truck stop on the 4th day.
This is apparently the place where fort sumner used to be. It was 111 degrees outside when we took this picture. We sthought we were going to melt.
That sign says Welcome to Texas. Thanks!
Wide open spaces! We really enjoyed seeing soooo much sky! Once we got to Texas we found ourselves in awe around every corner saying how beautiful it is! We also got to see a ton of oil rigs which was kind of cool and a million windmills which I think are soo pretty.
Max did awesome in the car!
We had a really fun time playing together. He never complained at all.
And Sammy pretty much just slept. Good little Angel!
We got to Round Rock in the evening the Sundat before Javier started work. We went straight to our house where we felt like we must have died and gone to heaven because it was so pretty and so much better than we expected. Then we stayed in an awesome hotel that I got on priceline for $30 a night for 2 weeks while they finished our house. We really enjoyed the hotel. They had free hot breakfast and the staff there were so nice, I felt sad to leave all our friends there when we finally moved into our house. We closed about 1 1/2 weeks ago, got all unpacked and settled about 3 days later and since then we are just trying to figure out what owning a house is like. Everything was broken in the beginning. Our air conditioner didn't work and our phone jacks didn't work and our brand new washer was leaking and our brand new fridge didn't make ice. We had to buy a new matress because we were afraid our old one probably had the Javier killing mold in it, and they brought the wrong size! I was going crazy! But everything is pretty much fixed now, so that is good! Life is good. I don't know how we got here. I keep thinking we should be starving students or something, but Im not complaining! Life is pretty great!

4 comments:

HeatherandTanner said...

I am so glad that the road trip was relatively easy! (Or so it seems). Can you post pictures of your house? :)

Natalie Hansen said...

Fun fun! Your packed car brings back memories! I'm sorry you had so many issues with your house! Are they fixed now? Do you love having all that space? Congratulations on being homeowners!

Cherie said...

I didn't know you had so many problems. how frustrating when everything is supposed to be new and in perfect working order. I guess since it should be perfect everything I hope was fixed for free.

Also I had to laugh when you said Colorado must be the ugliest state, because I thought you were going to say it was the most beautiful. We just got back from there and the section we drove was amazing and I kept thinking that Colorado is one of the prettiest places I have ever been. You need to drive between Denver and Moab, and visit VAil. Some of the prettiest country ever.

Sorry for the long post, but we miss you guys so much!

Natalie said...

What a CRAZY trip! I'm glad to see you blogging again and I'm glad all the house issues are resolved now. I'll call you sometime this week. It doesn't feel like you are so far away when we call often. :)