Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Javier's illness

First of all Javier has been sick again, really sick, again. So sick that I have been afraid to sleep at night because he was wheezing so badly, and I was afraid he'd die in the night. I might be a little paranoid, but I really was so worried. I don't know if any of you know this but Javier has had a lot of trouble with his lungs since October. He has had some really scary sicknesses, and at the health center we kept seeing different doctors who all thought he had something different. One said he had pneomonitis, then the next time he got sick the doctor said it was pneomomia, then a few weeks later when he was sick again the doctor he saw said the X-rays looked like he had never had either of those things, just Bronchitis. And since then he has been sick off and on ever since, and he's had a lot of crazy asthma attacks, and we have been really frustrated trying to figure out why he has been so ill all of the sudden. We finally made an appointment with a pulmonary specialist a few weeks ago who gave him a steroid inhaler, but he has been sick more often since then.
This time he was sick since Thursday. He was better Friday so we thought it was just his normal day long illness, but then he got really sick again Saturday. We alwasy seem to get deathly ill on the weekends, why is that? SO then we had to wait until Yesterday and luckily Javier was able to get in to see the lung specialist he saw a few weeks ago. At first she didn't seem too concerned, but then he had an asthma attack in the office and that was actually really lucky. Everyone rushed him to a chair and got him some oxygen and put him on a nebulizer. He's been having these attacks all the time so I felt pretty bad when the doctor told me that we should take him to the hospital when that happens. I guess we're lucky that he's alive now and didn't have any major problems during the many times he's had that happen before. So they did an X-ray again and it turns out that he has Pneumonia. The doctor said that she thought that he had probably never really gotten over it the first time he got sick and that is probably what has been ailing him ever since. So she gave him lots and lots of crazy medication but we are both thrilled that there may be an end in sight for this stressful situation and we're hopeful that he can start getting better now. The night before we went to the doctor we said a prayer that he would be alright and that the Lord would heal him. All the sudden I felt so peaceful when I had been so scared just a moment before and I knew that it would ll turn out just fine. I am so grateful to the Lord for watching over us and helping Javier to get well. I have come to appreciate my sweet husband so much through this experience because I have been so worried that I could lose him. He is such a great husband and I love him with all my heart.

2 comments:

Cherie said...

That is so stressful and scary. Especially while you're pregnant. I'm so glad that there is an end in sight to all this sickness, and I'm excited to see you this weekend! Hooray!!

Natalie said...

We've been worried about him. I hope things are going better now. I need to call you. I'll try today.