Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Phoebe at 11

 Times running out!

Phoebe is a dear! She loves to babysit and she is an incredible help! She got bored last week so she made a carnival it of cardboard for Esther and Leo. She worked on it for days and when the time came she set it up so cute in the backyard and they played the games and painted faces and came in with handfuls of homemade prizes!

She is also so sweet with Alvin! We leave the kids babysitting fairly regularly and I think Phoebe ends up caring for Alvin a lot of the time since her brothers are often busy with homework. She knows how to make him happy and change his diaper. I’m so proud of her!

I love the way Phoebe tells me about her life! Few things bring me so much joy as being included in the daily stories she tells!

Phoebe had some friend drama this year. She had to have hard conversations and she did have those with a lot of kindness but also stated her needs clearly. I was awed by her courage and also by the kind way she put things and the way her relationship came out stronger! I admire the way Phoebe is always so careful about everyone’s feelings but brave enough to tell the truth. She’s much better at it than me! During an especially difficult time with her friends, Phoebe asked Max and I for advice and Max gave her terrific advice about peacemaking in the midst of conflict. I was so proud of the way they both handled that situation!

Phoebe has also had some unwanted admirers this year. When asked if she would be Miles’ valentine she said she would but as a friend. I was so impressed by that perfect response. 

She reads a lot, often till very late and almost always in the bathroom 😂 I find her there sometimes as I’m turning out the lights at midnight. She loves to run. She super loves acting. There’s more but I must finish. Love my gurl!!

No comments: