I had an epiphany yesterday. My dear grandmother died and we had her funeral. I looked around the room at the luncheon and saw aunts and uncles, cousins and their children, my sisters visiting from far away, Natalie Hansen’s parents, my precious nieces visiting from college and my precious baby who needed to eat and needed my constant supervision. I felt instantly overwhelmed thinking, “ I will never be able to talk with all of them!” Shame came over me as I felt so insufficient to show everyone love and undivided attention at once. And then I realized it was okay. I wouldn’t be able to connect with everyone but I could ask God to help me know what was most important for me to say to which person.
I’ve been feeling so insufficient! I can’t get done a third of the very important things I really need to do. I’m so finite! This is a lesson I can translate into my life. The funny thing is that I have heard this before. I understood the principle but somehow I had to feel it from the spirit before I really got it.
On another note. Alvin learned to walk today. It is pure joy! He is so beautiful toddling back and forth between us. We took him to Max’s orchestra concert on Friday and he was so silly making little speaks and shrieks just when we thought he was safe to bring back in. Love this boy and all his siblings so much!



No comments:
Post a Comment