Tuesday, September 6, 2022

 19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.


This scripture struck me extra hard today. I got something different from it than I ever have. I always call Javier and my kids my treasures. I think about treasuring them and also all the rest of our families every day but today I thought about how treasuring our eternal relationship instead of just our earthly one can help me to feel more peace and less anxiety. Now we have two sweet brothers, Zach and Ivan, to treasure in heaven and I want to live my life thinking of and planning for eternity and the joy we will feel there instead of getting bogged down in the fear of losing what I have here and now on earth. I am grateful for these words of Christ that brought me peace today when I was feeling some inner turmoil. That peace is always a miracle.

No comments: