Friday, August 12, 2022

 My sweet brother Zach passed away on Wednesday night after an impossibly fast diagnosis and deterioration with leukemia. Waves of sorrow are followed closely by waves of gratitude and joy. How very grateful I feel to have been able to live just steps away from him almost all of our lives, and to have had the opportunity to spend so much time with him. Zach was such a kind big brother. Last May we put on an escape room birthday party for my son and Zach (having put together several over the years for his kids) brainstormed and counseled me and lent me the materials needed to pull it off. He walked through it with me to make sure it worked and built me up and encouraged me. He didn’t have time for any of that but he did it anyway. He loved to play and have fun. He used to do a cute voice that made us all laugh whenever he used it. When we played games together he was so competitive. He would always insist he wasn’t winning right up until he won. It’s been so fun to hear his kids tell the cutest stories of the sweet things he did for them and the ways he made life fun and magical. He and Natalie started a business a few years ago and I love the way they included their kids in celebrating each milestone along that path. I love my brother. I’m so proud of him and so grateful for the way he included me and helped me throughout my life. 

I know that I will see him again. How deeply grateful I feel that I know without any doubt that families can be together forever. I know that our sorrow will not last forever but will one day be turned to joy when we see him again. I am so grateful for the prayers which have been offered for all of us! We have felt supported by angels on both sides of the veil. We love you all!

No comments: