Thursday, August 20, 2015

Baby's coming...

Here we are almost 37 weeks along and trying so hard not to feel impatient. Then other times I feel so incredibly panicked about how I am going to cope with another child that I actually feel very happy to wait another couple weeks. Javier surely thinks I am bipolar by now but he has been so so sweet to me. It is seriously a constant slingshot back and forth between total impatience and utter excitement and kind of really seriously depression, anxiety, and fear. Sometimes I think I have totally got this and sometimes I feel like there is no way I can ever ever handle this next step. Who would have thought after going through this three times already I could feel so unsure about what to expect. One fear I had early on was that the pregnancy would make it so we couldn't have a great summer. That definitely turned out to be the opposite of what happened. Best summer ever! The kids made a volcano in the sandbox lots of times.

Phoebe was playing with Max and Sammy's legos and she breaks them. I told Max he had to think of a way to get her out without making her cry. He totally did it. He got her favorite stuffed animal that she likes to play with with him and lured her out. The best part was Sammy afterward saying admiringly, "Max has the best plans!"
James and Christian got to stay with us a couple days while their parents were on trek. It was a lot of fun. The kids made these bug habitats and were so proud of them!
Max's made up joke: "What did the stuffed animal shark say to the fish? I can't eat you, I'm stuffed to the gils."
Camping on the trampoline was my favorite thing we did all summer. We stayed up late watching the stars and talking with the kids. I had to sleep inside of course but it was so fun!
We went swimming more times this summer I bet than all the other times I've been in y life combined. It was a lot of fun for all of us. This adorable and terrifying boy is afraid of nothing! He is a pretty good swimmer but he needs to be rescued at least a couple times every time we go. It scares me to death! Phoebe is also afraid of nothing but her life jacket is pretty awesome. Sammy was a little easier on me until the last week of summer and spent most of his time practicing his swimming strokes where he could reach :) :) Phoebe also insisted on \wearing goggles even though she never put her face in the water, probably because she knew how impossibly cute it was "My goggles?"
Phoebe loves to pretend. She pretends all day with everything from her vitamins to her shoes and all of her games are pretty much the same. They all involve Mommys and Babies and bad guys. I love to hear her sweet voice in its pretend panic all day long. Sometimes I get mixed up and think she's talking to me but it is just part of her game. She also demands to wear her princess nightgowns at all times. It is really quite a feat to talk her into anything else. She especially loves, "My pink!" (her pink princess nightgown). Yesterday I hung up a canopy over her bed and she was so incredibly delighted! She kept saying, "My castle! I like it!! It has all the colors! Yellow, pink, other one pink, green! Mimi buyed my castle for me. I like it!!"  With the biggest smile on her face.
King Max is his blank rag cape.
All my kids love love love going to Grandma and Dadu's house. Phoebe asks me multiple times every day, "we going Grandma's house?" and if I say no she quickly asks, "Tomorrow?" What's not to love? They have two people who adore everything they say, play games with them and basically unlimited popsicles and iPad time as well as usually a ridiculously large ice cream cone every time they come.
The start of school is always a pretty rough time for me. I get fairly depressed every year. I thought that with the baby coming just around the corner it might be a little easier this year but it was awful. I miss these sweet funny little boys so so much when they are gone and all those pregnancy hormones really do a number on me too. This year it was more like a deep hopeless depression. I am so lucky though that Max and Sammy are both loving school so much and have great teachers. I don't think I could cope if it wasn't great for them at least. Plus although I know Phoebe misses her brothers and she tells me so sometimes, every day when I tell her its time to pick them up she throws her sweet little arms around my neck and says, "not yet." I love that girl so much and we are really having so so much fun together! IT is great because we are two weeks into school now and I'm not feeling very depressed at all anymore. SO thank goodness it passes. I get used to the new schedule and realize I still get to see my kids even if it is a lot less. They are the best kids in the world. I just love them so much! Sammy is such a proud little kindergartener and Max is a good big brother. Every day I watch him run around the corner after school gets out to pick up Sammy and then they walk back to the car hand in hand or with Max's arm around Sammy's shoulders looking at Sammy's school work. I love it that Sammy tells me about his day too! He wants to tell me every detail which is so so so much fun. I've noticed that it reminds Max of his day too so I;m hearing a lot more from him which I'm grateful for too :)


Max is an avid little reader. He's already read like 4 books during school hours if that tells you anything not to say anything about the piles and piles he reads at home.

Mommy: When you grow up I am going to spoil your kids!
Sammy's eyebrows shot up and look of horror crossed his face: You are going to Boil my kids!

The kids are so sweet to each other. Tonight Sammy bumped his  head pretty bad while they were all three running around the house like wild indians and as he burst into tears, Phoebe immediately started hugging him and Max looked at his wound and brought ice and a bandaid. I stood nearby and watched for a minute bursting with pride at the love they show to each other and then it was my turn to cuddle Sammy back to happiness.
Max reads to his little brother and sister a lot and they are endlessly entertained by Max's homework and all he does.
Phoebe LOOOVES chapstick. When she gets a hold of some you better believe her entire lower face is going to be well moisturized and sparkly :)

No comments: