Thursday, August 25, 2011

Darling Sammy!

My precious Sammy is such a great helper! He LOVES to help me put away toys and he always stays with me to the end and the sweet little funny boy runs to the dishwasher every time its open so he can put away all the silverware. I just love this boy!!
Sammy just adores doggys. Its his favorite word and I love the way he always sings it "Da-ggy" It always goes high-low. And he thinks all animals are Doggies, no matter how many times I tell him otherwise :) although he is learning animal sounds he still labels them all as doggies.
 Sammy is my little attached boy. I actually love the way he seems to need to be near me. In church on Sunday so many people offer to help me with him, but he always just hold on tight and screams if I try to give to anyone else (except for 10 year old Ainsley, who he totally reached out for last week and slept of her shoulder for a half hour in primary, but she's a special case). When he is playing at home he likes to come downstairs every few minutes to check on me and get a little snuggle which I love! Although when we went to visit my family he really surprised me because he just loved my parents and went with them and let them hold him. What can I say, I guess they are pros.

 Sammy is so happy and tough!! people are always shocked when they come over to our house to see all the crazy things Sammy does without crying. His favorite toy is the couch and he jumps onto it, off the back, all over it, falls on his head and always gets up laughing to do it again. He wrestles and tackles Max as well as gets tackled by Max and all with squeals of pure delight and much laughter. Plus he basically must do everything that Max does, so when Max took swimming lessons and learned to go under the water, Sammy learned to go underwater when Max taught him how in the bathtub, and now those two boys are like a couple of fish. They take turns putting their faces under the water and clapping for each other and laughing hysterically.
 My Sam-o never liked sippy cups at all, but he likes regular cups. I used to hold them for him but a couple weeks ago he rebelled and now he must always hold his own cup. He loves to walk around with one. But interestingly enough he never spills on purpose, which Max always used to do and still does sometimes. They are so similar in so many ways, I always think its strange when they do something differently. They sure are cute when they eat together!
 Sammy is also a bottomless pit! He eats 2 bowls of cereal every morning, a whole sandwich at lunch, a couple plates full of dinner every night and he just doesn't ever stop snacking all day. I told the doctor that I was a little worried about it and he laughed at me while we watched Sammy run all around his office and said, "Well, don't you think he burns it off?" I guess so. I'm just grateful he;s a good eater. He will eat anything at all I give him, he even eats lettuce leaves!
Max sure loves our Sam. The other night he said to Javier, "Daddy, you are a good Daddy!"
Javier said, "Why Max?"
Max: "Because you are nice to my baby!"
Javier: "Who's your baby?"
Max: "Sammy!"
I know we had some struggles last year but wow, now they are each other's best friends in the whole world! I love to watch them play together and all the fun they have! I just can't get over how lucky I am to be their mom!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Ahhh! I miss you so much! He's such a cutie pie. I need to call you this week!