Friday, March 5, 2010

A month ago

A month ago this handsome wonderful man had a birthday!!!!
There was much celebration! We love our daddy and we had a great time celebrating the momentous and wonderful occasion of his birth (the best day of my pre-life, the day my sweet companion entered the world)
The next day our best friends Chris and Cecile Green from the first year we were married came to see us for a weekend and we had so much fun! It was a crazy confirmation that we actually did live and do things before Max was born! Unbelievable!!
Then I headed off to Austin and found us a dwelling place on this lovely street. (Yes that does say Rainbow cove. I know you will all be jealous of that awesome address, or at least your 3 year old will be). I couldn't believe how incredibly blessed we were that that 2 day trip out there was actually successful!! Amazing!
I came back in time to rush my sweet husband to the emergency room. We all thought he was going to die for a couple days. There is really nothing I can say to describe those days except to say how very very much I love my dear Javi. I want to be with him forever and ever and I am so desperately grateful to know that we can be together forever!! I hope part of that forever will be a long life together on Earth, where he can see our children grow and be there to share all life's experiences with. I never knew just how much I love this sweet man until I felt that desperate fear. But no more about that.
Said sweet husband spent 4 days in the hospital recovering from this terrifying bout of pneumonia and we were so grateful to meet the wonderful Dr. Peirce who promised us he would get to the bottom of this strange recurring illness within 2 weeks. WE ate our fill of complimentary oreos and sodas. Max began to think these food items were much more appropriate for his tastes than, say... anything else. (Bless my dear friend, Ariel Marshall, who I think fed him the only healthy meal he ate that whole week while she babysat him for 5 hours one day). Also bless my sweet visiting teacher who watched Max everyday while he took a good nap at home, so that I could stay with Javier in the hospital and Max could get some good rest, and our friends the Jacobs who came to see us in the hospital and brought us dinner, and Especially my angel Daddy, who drove all the way down from Boise to help us out and do our laundry, and give Max a fun grandpa to think about instead of the boring scary hospital. I think poor Max had the hardest time. He really worried about Javier when he was in the hospital. Every night he would cry for Daddy a million times until I called him on the phone and let them talk. Max never talks on the phone when there is actually someone on the other end, but when he talked to Javier he talked like crazy saying , "gracias, I love you, ni-night, Daddy". I think he summed it up best the night Javier got home from the hospital. We were all sitting on the couch together and Max started pointing to each of us. He said, "Daddy, Mommy, Max, Happeeee!"
We decided not to do anymore of this (playing outside) when we heard about all the illnesses going around our quad since Javier is on about 10 crazy medications which say they repress his immune system.
So we are currently spending lots of time trying unsuccessfully not to be too distracting to our poor Daddy, who is not only pretty much stuck at home, but pretty much stuck with all of our distracting normal life as he tries to get caught up with his school work.
I am starting to feel like Jaba the hut, since all the stress of that crazy month has (at least Im pretty sure) nearly put me into labor a few times, so Ive been spending lots of time hanging out on the couch trying to convince Max to bring me everything I need.

So can I just say that I feel so incredibly blessed! I never doubted that the Lord would take care of us. He always has! But I never in my wildest dreams would have thought through all this that EVERYTHING would turn out okay. That Javier would recover and be fine and get a great doctor, that no Bucheli babies would be born, That we even were able to find a beautiful place to live once we get to Texas, that through this month I have learned so much and had the opportunity to really think a lot about Javier and how lucky I am to have him, and to think about God and what an incredibly loving and merciful father he really is and to feel his love for me and all my family so strongly. I know I don't deserve any of those blessings, but ALL of them? I feel so very humbled. So if you hear me talk about all this and think I am being a little nonchallant about the whole thing, just remember I have so much to be grateful for! How can I help from being cheerful now that it has all turned out so well, at least for now. I guess it isn't over yet, but things look very good now, where a week and a half ago they looked pretty bleak, so life is good!


7 comments:

HeatherandTanner said...

I'm so glad that you guys have a doctor that wants to get to the bottom of it and that Javier is doing better! We will keep you all in our prayers!
And post pictures of the house once you can! :)

Natalie Hansen said...

Wow! What a ride! You're amazing to be able to stay afloat and have such a great attitude! What a great example you are to me! We're praying for you all.

jayna said...

I had to laugh a little at the end because at least you knew that it sounded kinda strange to be so chipper writing about such heavy stuff. BUT, that's the beauty of summarizing past events- they are much less scary after being successfully overcome! Good luck with the coming weeks and SO HAPPY to know that all is pretty well again!

Cherie said...

you are making me cry, with what Max said. That is soo cute. And I'm sorry, but you definitely deserve ALL those blessings. You are one of the best people I know. I totally look up to you. I hope we get to see you sometime soon. We're praying for you.

Natalie said...

Argh Char. I knew it was crazy, but seeing the pictures made me get all teary too. I'm so glad he's okay. Love you guys. Take it easy!

Sarah said...

Charity! I'm sorry things have been so crazy for you. I'm glad Javier is doing better. Did you buy a house in 2 days? Woah! Take care!

Sarah said...

By the way, I think Max looks like you.